This company wiki software has been specialised for technical support provided by IT companies for their customers.
It uses MediaWiki and the Semantic MediaWiki extension to provide forms for data input so information can be stored in a structured way. It requires key information, such as passwords to be entered.
Providing Excellent Technical Support
This solution allows for information required by your staff members to get the information they require to support your customers with maximum efficiency. As it grows it becomes an invaluable source of information about your customers that will preserved if staff members change.
It contains the following main sections.
- Details contact information, customer sites, equipment and configuration.
- Data entry is done via forms. To force the capture of required information.
- Enabled technical support staff to access critical information quickly.
- Record procedures and duties for staff positions.
- Record common procedures for various tasks for those staff positions.
- Retain knowledge of common tasks to help new staff members.
- Contains fixes to common technical problems.
- Record processes for complicated technical procedures.
- Record company specific technical process for example the installation and configuration of some archaic software.
- Sheets containing standard computer builds.
- Record different configuration requirements for different customers.
Computer Rebuild form
- A form to fill out and be agreed with the customer about data locations for retention, software requirements and mapped drives.
- Provides an information storage if you have engineers collecting computers that will be rebuilt by a different engineer in a workshop.
Project Scoping System
- A set of forms to be filed out by sales and reviewed by technical before being sold to the customer.
- To avoided the sale of impossible / hard to implement solutions.
- To provide the engineers estimation of time scales for the solution.
- Manage customer expectations by better quoting with technical input.
- To avoid a “us” and “them” dynamic developing in your company between sale and technical.
- Company supplier details with key contact information and services provided.
- Detail methods to obtain the best service from suppliers.
- A collection of useful tools with description to aid engineers diagnose software faults.
- Useful tools to be recommended to customers to improved their workflow.
- A technical support wiki open to customers to log faults via email and provide simple fixes for common problems.
- Contains a quick survey that can be linked in a job closure email so they can rate performance.
- Contains the templates used to create the wiki. They are the core of this wiki, they are used to produced forms and display the data the inputted by them. You are welcome to copy them to your own company wiki software.
- I am available to code solution templates that your company require.
- A tool to monitor network connections to customers networks